We are a finalist in 11Alive's Celebrate Kindness Contest!
Action Ministries Has an Opportunity to Win $10,000!
11Alive is recognizing and thanking some of the great folks in Atlanta doing amazing things for our community.
Eleven local nonprofits will compete for votes online to WIN $10,000 from 11Alive and Chicken of the Sea.
The one nonprofit with the most votes will win $10,000 – the other 10 nonprofit organizations will win $1,000 each for participating.
Voters are casting their votes via Facebook by selecting the charity they believe makes the biggest positive impact in the Atlanta metropolitan community.
What do we need you to do?
- Vote for Action Ministries once per day between now and April 23 at 4:50 p.m.
- Spread the word on Twitter and Facebook
- Share your own post to friends' pages
- Ask your friends and family to vote and share with their friends
VOTE, VOTE, VOTE DAILY BETWEEN NOW AND APRIL 23!
THANK YOU for providing hunger relief, housing and education for your Georgia neighbors in need!
The winner will be announced LIVE on 11Alive News Today on Thursday, April 24, 2014!
Blue Print for Wellness
This year’s Blueprint for Wellness pays off more than ever. HealthFlex participants will earn $100 HealthCash, plus up to 90 Wellness Points depending on your screening results. You’ll also gain personalized data on 30 health factors.
The Quest Diagnostics Blueprint for Wellness screening involves a single blood draw, followed by lab analysis including blood glucose, cholesterol, hemoglobin and much more. Test results provide valuable information about heart disease risk, diabetes risk (or diabetes management for those who have diabetes), kidney health and liver health. The Blueprint for Wellness screening may be more comprehensive than your doctor’s standard blood tests—and is available to HealthFlex participants and spouses in active plans and Medicare Companion plans. Please share your Blueprint for Wellness results with your doctor.
Blueprint for Wellness Highlights
• Screening open to participants and spouses in HealthFlex active or Medicare companion plans.
• Incentives—$100 HealthCash and Wellness Points for active plans only [PPO or consumer-driven health plan (CDHP)]. Both participant and spouse can earn incentives.
• Convenient options—Take the screening at Annual Conference 2014 (pre-register by May 25) or at a local Quest Diagnostics facility (often a time is available within just a day or two).
• No cost to you if taken April 1-July 31 at an on-site event or preregistered at a local Quest Diagnostics facility.
• Wellness Points—Earn 15 Points for each of six health measures that meet the American Heart Association’s “healthy” guidelines (or for showing improvement vs. your 2013 Blueprint for Wellness results). Six health measures that meet the criteria = up to 90 Wellness Points total. If you didn’t do Blueprint for Wellness in 2013, don’t miss out in 2014!
• Fast overnight for the most accurate results. Ask your doctor if it’s safe for you to fast.
• Confidential results mailed directly to you. Share the results with your doctor.
Pre-registration is strongly recommended for on-site screening at Annual Conference and required for screening at a Quest Diagnostics facility to avoid out-of-pocket costs.
- Register by phone: 1-866-908-9440 (employer group: “HealthFlex” or “United Methodist Church”)
- Register online: www.gbophb.org (Log into HealthFlex/WebMD and select “Quest Blueprint for Wellness.”)
* Must be enrolled in Virgin Pulse HealthMiles to earn HealthCash. - See more at: http://www.ngumc.org/newsdetail/109068#sthash.fHsolowR.dpuf
UMC Federal Credit Union Teams up with Action Ministries
United Methodist Connectional Federal Credit Union is partnering with Action Ministries to ERASE HUNGER This Summer.
In response to the theme, Earn. Save. Give., credit union members and other giving Georgians will have the opportunity to sponsor lunches with the Smart Lunch, Smart Kid program.
"This is about collaborative efforts," said Keith Pritchard of the UMCFCU. "We thank God that Action Ministries is one of the resources we can use to help others."
In 2013, Smart Lunch, Smart Kid delivered 210,055 lunches to children in their neighborhoods. This year, we hope to reach even more of the 800,000 kids in Georgia who receive free or reduced-price school lunch, a crucial meal that disappears in the summer. Partners like United Methodist Connectional are making that goal a reality!
A simple online donation of $5 feeds a child for two days!
Click here to give.
- See more at: http://www.ngumc.org/newsdetail/109090#sthash.fOUjW1lu.dpuf